ESP32-S2 TFT Feather - 4MB Flash, 2MB PSRAM, STEMMA QT
£21.94 ex VAT
This is an ESP32-S2 Feather board with a built-in IPS TFT colour display. It's got all the features of a Feather mainboard, the comforting warmth of an ESP32-S2 WiFi microcontroller, and a 240x135 pixel colour TFT display. All that and it will even plug in nicely into a breadboard, terminal block wing, or Feather Doubler or even just stack on top of another wing.
This feather comes with native USB and 4 MB flash + 2 MB of PSRAM, so it is perfect for use with CircuitPython or Arduino with low-cost WiFi. Native USB means it can act like a keyboard or a disk drive. WiFi means it's awesome for IoT projects. And Feather means it works with the large community of Feather Wings for expandability.
The ESP32-S2 is a highly-integrated, low-power, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC) solution that now has built-in native USB as well as some other interesting new technologies like Time of Flight distance measurements. With its state-of-the-art power and RF performance, this SoC is an ideal choice for a wide variety of application scenarios relating to the Internet of Things (IoT), wearable electronics, and smart homes. This ESP32-S2 mini-module used on the Feather comes with 4 MB flash and 2 MB PSRAM so you can buffer massive JSON files for parsing!
The colour TFT is connected to the SPI pins and uses additional pins for control that are not exposed to the breakout pads. It's the same display as you see here, with 240x135 pixels and is IPS so you get bright colour at any angle. The backlight is also connected to a separate pin so you can PWM the backlight up and down as desired.
For low power usages, the Feather has a second AP2112 regulator. The regulator is controlled with a GPIO pin on the enable line and can shut off power to the Stemma QT port and TFT. There is also a separate power pin for the NeoPixel that can be used to disable it for even lower quiescent power. With everything off and in deep sleep mode, the TFT feather uses about 100uA of current.
Please Note: The Feather ESP32-S2 has a single-core 240 MHz chip, so it won't be as fast as ESP32s with dual-core. Also, there is no Bluetooth support. However, the ESP32-S2 does have native USB which unlocks a lot of capabilities for advanced interfacing!
- ESP32-S2 240MHz Tensilica processor - the next generation of ESP32, now with native USB so it can act like a keyboard/mouse, MIDI device, disk drive, etc!
- Mini module - FCC/CE certification and comes with 4 MByte of Flash and 2 MByte of PSRAM - you can have huge data buffers
- Colour 1.14" IPS TFT with 240x135 pixels - bright and colourful display with ST7789 chipset that can be viewed at any angle.
- Power options - USB type C or Lipoly battery
- Built-in battery charging - when powered over USB-C
- LiPoly battery monitor - LC709203 chip actively monitors your battery for voltage and state of charge/percentage reporting over I2C
- Reset and DFU (BOOT0) buttons - to get into the ROM bootloader (which is a USB serial port so you don't need a separate cable!)
- Serial debug output pin - (optional, for checking the hardware serial debug console)
- STEMMA QT connector for I2C devices - with switchable power, so you can go into low power mode.
- On/Charge/User LEDs + status NeoPixel - with pin-controlled power for low power usage
- Low Power friendly! - In deep sleep mode we can get down to 80~100uA of current draw from the Lipoly connection. Quiescent current is from the power regulator, ESP32-S2 chip, and Lipoly monitor. Turn off the NeoPixel and external I2C/TFT power for the lowest quiescent current draw.
- Compatibility - works with Arduino or CircuitPython