Grove - Optical Rotary Encoder (TCUT1600X01)
£7.49 ex VAT
The Grove - Optical Rotary Encoder(TCUT1600X01) is a transmissive sensor that includes an infrared emitter and two phototransistor detectors. Usually, the infrared emitter emits infrared rays, the phototransistor detectors receive the infrared rays, then the phototransistor is turned on, both of the output is High, the onboard LED indicators light up. When there is an obstacle blocking, the phototransistor cannot receive the infrared rays, so the phototransistor will be turned off and both of the output will be Low, the onboard LED indicators fade away.
You can use this sensor as a rotary encoder to detect the speed or rotation, and thanks to the two phototransistor detectors, you even can detect the rotation direction.
- Double phototransistor detectors can determine the direction of rotation
- Onboard LED indicators
- Grove Interface, easy to use
- Automotive optical sensors
- Accurate position sensor for the encoder
- Sensor for motion, speed, and direction
- Sensor for “turn and push” encoding
- Operating Voltage: 3.3/5V
- Emitter Wavelength: 950nm
- Gap: 3mm