HaloCode Lesson Pack
£41.66 ex VAT
The Makeblock HaloCode is a single board computer with built-in Wi-Fi specifically designed for education. It has a compact design and integrates a broad selection of electronic sensors and modules.
We understand that as teachers planning your lessons can be a long and tedious process or a parent who would like their child to develop new and exciting programming skills, it can be difficult to know where to begin.
To help you save time and effort, we have developed a series of six fun and engaging 1-hour lessons to introduce your students or children to the world of block programming and introducing them to the Python programming language.
Note: This requires the Makeblock HaloCode (sold separately)
This pack contains the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: Building an Equalizer
- Lesson 2: Coding Reaction Time
- Lesson 3: Coding a Watch
- Lesson 4: Using Object Recognition
- Lesson 5: Introduction to Python
- Lesson 6: Developing Further Python Skills
- Quickstart and Cheatsheet guide
Each lesson is designed around the UK Computing Curriculum and comes with:
- A Presentation: this includes a warm-up activity, learning aims/objectives, lesson content, questions/activities and learning checks.
- Worksheet(s): these are used alongside the presentation to help guide your students with learning their programming skills to complete the objectives.
- Lesson Plan: this is designed to help save you time in planning the lesson, and can be modified to match and include the needs of your learners.