IoT RedBoard - ESP32 Development Board
£27.49 ex VAT
The SparkFun IoT RedBoard is an ESP32 Development Board that includes everything but the kitchen sink! Espressif's ESP32 WROOM is a powerful WiFi and Bluetooth® MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications. At the core of this module is the ESP32-D0WDQ6 chip which is designed to be both scalable and adaptive. The IoT RedBoard can target a wide variety of applications, ranging from low-power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks, such as voice encoding, music streaming, and MP3 decoding. The IoT ReadBoard also utilizes their handy Qwiic Connect System which means no soldering or shields are required to connect it to the rest of your system!
The USB-to-serial is achieved with a USB-C connector with through hole anchoring and the ubiquitous CH340G requiring fewer driver installs. They've included 3.3V voltage translation and a Qwiic connector to the edge of the board to allow for quick and seamless connection to our ever-growing line of I2C based Qwiic products. The board even includes a microSD socket if your application requires you to log and save data to a memory card.
The operating system is freeRTOS with LwIP; TLS 1.2 with hardware acceleration is built in as well. Secure (encrypted) over the air (OTA) upgrade is also supported, so that users can upgrade their products even after their release, at minimum cost and effort.
- CPU and OnChip Memory
- ESP32-D0WD-V3 embedded, Xtensa dual-core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor, up to 240MHz
- 448KB ROM
- 520KB SRAM
- 16KB SRAM in RTC
- Bit rate: 802.11n up to 150Mbps
- A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- 0.4µs guard interval support
- Center frequency range of operating channel: 2412 ~ 2484MHz
- Bluetooth® V4.2 BR/EDR and Bluetooth® LE specification
- microSD card, UART, SPI, SDIO, I2C, LED PWM, Motor PWM, I2S, IR, pulse counter, GPIO, capacitive touch sensor, ADC, DAC, TWAI® (compatible with ISO 11898-1, i.e. CAN Specification 2.0)
- Integrated Components on Module
- 40MHz crystal oscillator
- 4/8/16 MB SPI flash
- Qwiic connector