LSM6DS3TR-C 6-DoF Accel + Gyro IMU - STEMMA QT / Qwiic
£9.16 ex VAT
Add motion and orientation sensing to your Arduino project with this affordable 6 Degree of Freedom (6-DoF) sensor with sensors from ST. The board includes an ST LSM6DS3TR-C, a great entry-level 6-DoF IMU accelerometer + gyro. The 3-axis accelerometer can tell you which direction is down towards the Earth (by measuring gravity) or how fast the board is accelerating in 3D space. The 3-axis gyroscope can measure spin and twist.
As part of the illustrious LSM6DS family, it's well-established and supported but has better performance!
To make getting started fast and easy, they've placed the sensors on a compact breakout board with voltage regulation and level-shifted inputs. That way you can use them with 3V or 5V power/logic devices without worry. Both I2C and SPI interfaces are available, so you'll be able to use them with any hardware setup. The breakout comes fully assembled and tested, with some extra header so you can use it on a breadboard. Four mounting holes make for a secure connection.
Additionally, since it speaks I2C you can easily connect it up with two wires (plus power and ground!). Or via the included SparkFun Qwiic compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder! There are also prewritten libraries to help you get these sensors integrated with your Arduino/C++.
- It is not firmware-compatible with the 'DS33, so you will need to recompile code (e.g the Arduino and Python libraries support the whole family but you do have to indicate which exact chip you're using)
- This breakout does not include a magnetometer, often required for accurate orientation.
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 DPS full scale
- I2C or SPI hardware interface
- Up to 1.6 kHz ODR
- Tap and double-tap detection
- Free-fall detection
- Pedometer/shake detection
- I2C Address 0x6A or 0x6B
- Product Dimensions: 25.3mm x 17.8mm x 4.6mm / 1.0" x 0.7" x 0.2"
- Product Weight: 1.7g / 0.1oz
- Primary Guide: Adafruit LSM6DS3TR-C 6-DoF Accel + Gyro IMU
- LSM6DS3 Datasheet
- Arduino driver library for the accel/gyro
- STs own fully-featured library that includes extras such as FIFO management and tap detection
- Python/CircuitPython library that will work on microcontroller or single-board linux computers