LTC4311 I2C Extender / Active Terminator (STEMMA QT / Qwiic)
£8.32 ex VAT
Using this board is easy: connect it to your I2C bus at the beginning of the chain (if you don't have a massively long cable, you can also try it at the end of the chain). When the chip is powered and enabled, it will watch the SCL and SDA lines. When it sees them being pulled up through the I2C resistors, it will activate and dump in some current to give it a boost thru to the top power rail. You can now achieve much faster data rates without having to noodle with resistors and over long cables.
Runs with any bus voltage, from 1.6V to 5.5V and up to 400 kHz SCL speed, with cables up to 4000pF. No special firmware, software, or configuration is required. Simply plug the power, ground, SCL and SDA connectors into your bus and watch as your rise times magically turn sawtooths into square waves.
To get you going fast, Adafruit spun up a custom made PCB in the STEMMA QT form factor, making it easy to interface with. The STEMMA QT connectors on either side are compatible with the SparkFun Qwiic I2C connectors. This allows you to make solderless connections between your development board and the LTC4311 or to chain it with a wide range of other sensors and accessories using a compatible cable.
- Improves I2C Bus Rise Time Transition
- Ensures Data Integrity with Multiple Devices on the I2C Bus.
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 1.6V to 5.5V
- Improves Low State Noise Margin
- Up to 400kHz Operation
- Auto Detect Low Power Standby Mode
- Low (<5μA) Supply Current Shutdown
- Does Not Load Bus When Disabled or Powered Down
- Strong Slew Limited Pull-up Current
- ±8kV Human Body Model ESD Ruggedness