£3.32 ex VAT
The Maker DRIVE was designed with simplicity and beginners in mind! Typically when you want to control a motor you'd use something like an L298N Motor Driver which can be quite tricky to use, the Maker DRIVE is easy to use, simple and foolproof!
It features reverse polarity protection on the motor power terminals which will greatly reduce the risk of damaging the motor if power is connected incorrectly. It's small and compact so you can mount it to your robot chassis.
There are 4 test buttons, 2 for each motor channel that allow you to easily test the connected motor or mechanism without any external controller of coding. One button drives the output at full speed and the other drives the motor in the opposite direction.
The 4 onboard LED indicators allow you to check the voltage direction without even connecting a motor. When combined with the test buttons it means you can fully test the motors and board without an external controller or any programming!
A buck-bost regulator allows the board to produce a stable 5v output using input voltages as low as 2.5V and as high as 9.5V. This 5V output can supply 200mA to an external circuit such as an Arduino controller.
- Dual channel, Bi-directional control motor driver
- Support motor voltage from 2.5V to 9.5VDC
- Maximum current up to 1.0A continuous and 1.5A peak (<5 seconds)
- 5V Output (200mA) to power the controller.
- Inputs compatible with 1.8V, 3.3V and 5V logic (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Solid state components provide faster response time and eliminate the wear and tear of a mechanical relay
- Regenerative Braking
- Speed control PWM frequency up to 20KHz (Actual output frequency is the same as input frequency)
- Dimension: 43mm(W) x 35mm (L) x 14mm (H)
- Is DC Brush motor (Two Terminals)
- Operating voltage from 2.5V to 9.5VDC
- Rated Current <= 1.0A
- Peak Current <= 1.5A