Makey Makey Lesson Pack
£41.66 ex VAT
With the closure of all educational establishments in the UK we are currently offering our activity packs free of charge and also offering 50% off on our selection of in-depth lesson plan packs to help you continue to educate and support your children at home throughout this period.
The Makey Makey is a great STEM product designed for learners of all ages! Due to its simplicity of block programming (Scratch) and its flexibility to easily be used in nearly any subject! You can hook up anything that is slightly conductive to use all kinds of fun things as an input.
We understand that as teachers planning your lessons can be a long and tedious process or a parent who would like their child to develop new and exciting programming skills, it can be difficult to know where to begin.
To help you save time and effort, we have developed a series of five fun and engaging lessons to introduce your students or children to the world of Scratch programming helping them learn and build on basic programming concepts including: Variables, If Statements, User Inputs, Sprite Control and more.
Note: This requires a Makey Makey (sold separately)
This pack contains the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: Math Quiz
- Lesson 2: Conductive Materials
- Lesson 3: School Quiz RPG
- Lesson 4: Making Things Move
- Lesson 5: Make Your Own Game (can be spread across multiple lessons)
Each lesson is designed around the UK Computing Curriculum and comes with:
- A Presentation: this includes a warm-up activity, learning aims/objectives, lesson content, questions/activities and learning checks.
- Worksheet(s): these are used alongside the presentation to help guide your students with learning their programming skills to complete the objectives.
- Program(s): these programs can be loaded into Scratch for your students/child to use alongside the worksheet.
- Lesson Plan: this is designed to help save you time in planning the lesson, and can be modified to match and include the needs of your learners.
- Teachers Guide: this is designed for teachers/parents who might not understand programming. This guide will help explain what the program, how it works and what the student needs to do.