Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo ControllerProduct Code: 500
£18.82 ex VAT
The Micro Maestro is the first of Pololu's second-generation USB servo controllers. It features three (yes three!) control methods...
- USB for direct connection to a PC computer
- TTL serial for use with embedded systems
- Internal scripting for self-contained, host controller-free applications.
In addition, the module boasts channels that can be configured as servo outputs for use with radio control (RC) servos or electronic speed controls (ESCs), digital outputs, or analog inputs. The extremely accurate, high-resolution servo pulses have a jitter of less than 200 ns, making this servo controller well suited for high-precision animatronics. Built-in speed and acceleration control make it easy to achieve smooth, seamless movements without requiring the control source to constantly compute and stream intermediate position updates to the Micro Maestro.
This fully assembled version of the Micro Maestro ships with 0.1" male header pins soldered as shown in the product picture. A USB A to mini-B cable (not included) is required to connect this device to a computer.
- Three control methods: USB, TTL (5V) serial, and internal scripting
- 0.25μs output pulse width resolution (corresponds to approximately 0.025 Degree for a typical servo, which is beyond what the servo could resolve)
- Pulse rate configurable from 33 to 100 Hz
- Wide pulse range of 64 to 3280 μs when using all six servos with a pulse rate of 50 Hz
- Individual speed and acceleration control for each channel
- Channels can also be used as general-purpose digital outputs or analog inputs
- A simple scripting language lets you program the controller to perform complex actions even after its USB and serial connections are removed
- Free configuration and control application for Windows makes it easy to:
- Configure and test your controller
- Create, run, and save sequences of servo movements for animatronics and walking robots
- Write, step through, and run scripts stored in the servo controller
- Virtual COM port makes it easy to create custom applications to send serial commands via USB to the controller
- TTL serial features:
- Supports 300 - 250000 kbps in fixed-baud mode
- Supports 300 - 115200 kbps in autodetect-baud mode
- Simultaneously supports the Pololu protocol, which gives access to advanced functionality, and the simpler Scott Edwards MiniSSC II protocol (there is no need to configure the device for a particular protocol mode)
- Can be daisy-chained with other Pololu servo and motor controllers using a single serial transmit line
- Board can be powered off of USB or a 5 - 16 V battery, and it makes the regulated 5V available to the user
- Compact size of 0.85" × 1.20" (2.16 × 3.05 cm) and light weight of 0.17 oz (4.8 g)
- Upgradable firmware
- Pololu Micro Maestro Servo Controller User's Guide (Printable PDF: maestro.pdf)
- Pololu USB Software Development Kit
- Sample Project: Simple Hexapod Walker (Printable PDF: maestro_hexapod.pdf) This is a step-by-step tutorial showing you how to use the Pololu Micro Maestro to build a simple six-legged walking robot.
- Maestro Servo Controller Windows Drivers and Software (release 091221)
- Maestro Servo Controller Linux Software (release 100317)
- Firmware version 1.01 for the Micro Maestro 6-Servo (usc02a)