Mini GPS PA1010D - UART and I2C - STEMMA QT
£26.66 ex VAT
This miniature GPS breakout is only 1" x 1" (~ 25mm x 25mm) but houses a complete GPS/GNSS solution with both I2C and UART interfaces. There's even an antenna on top so it's plug-and-play!
The breakout is built around the MTK3333 chipset, a reliable, high-quality GPS module that can handle up to 33 simultaneous tracking channels, has an excellent high-sensitivity receiver (-165 dBm tracking!), and a built-in antenna. It can do up to 10 location updates a second for high speed, high sensitivity logging or tracking. Power usage is incredibly low, only 30 mA during navigation. Best of all, they've added all the extra goodies you could ever want: an ultra-low dropout 3.3V regulator so you can power it with 3.3-5VDC in, 5V level safe inputs on UART and I2C, a footprint for optional CR1220 coin cell to keep the RTC running and allow warm starts, a green power LED and a tiny red PPS LED. The LED blinks at about 1Hz when a fix is found and is off when no fix.
As with all Adafruit breakouts, they've done the work to make this GPS module super easy to use. They've put it on a breakout board with the required support circuitry and connectors to make it easy to work with and they've added SparkFun Qwiic compatible STEMMA QT JST SH connectors that allow you to get going without needing to solder. Just use a STEMMA QT adapter cable, plug it into your favourite micro or Blinka supported SBC and you're ready to rock! Comes with one fully assembled and tested module, a piece of header you can solder to it for breadboarding, and a CR1220 coin cell holder, with libraries and example code available for Python and Arduino.
- Unlike other Ultimate GPS modules, this module does not have the ability to connect an external antenna, it's designed to be as small as possible for compact projects.
- Coin cell battery not included
- Dimensions: 25.5mm x 25.4mm x 8.2mm / 1.0" x 1.0" x 0.3"
- Weight: 5.0g / 0.2oz
- Support for GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- -165 dBm sensitivity, up to 10 Hz updates
- Up to 210 PRN channels with 99 search channels and 33 simultaneous tracking channels
- 5V friendly design and only 30mA current draw
- Breadboard-able, with 4 mounting holes
- UART and I2C interfaces, pick whichever you like most!
- RTC battery-compatible
- PPS output on fix ±20ns jitter
- Internal patch antenna
- Low-power and standby mode with WAKE pin