Neo Trinkey - SAMD21 USB Key with 4 NeoPixels
£6.66 ex VAT
It's half USB Key, half Adafruit Trinket, the circuit board with a Trinket M0 heart and four RGB NeoPixels for a customisable glow. Inspired by some USB key flashlight boards that would turn any battery pack into an LED torch they designed something similar but with fully programmable colour NeoPixels
The PCB is designed to slip into any USB A port on a computer or laptop. There's an ATSAMD21 microcontroller on board with just enough circuitry to keep it happy. One pin of the microcontroller connects to the four NeoPixel LEDs. Two other pins are used as capacitive touch inputs on the end - if you look carefully you can see the slotted end has left and right touchpads. A reset button lets you enter bootloader mode if necessary.
The SAMD21 can run CircuitPython or Arduino very nicely - with existing NeoPixel and FreeTouch libraries for the capacitive touch input. Over the USB connection, you can have serial, MIDI or HID connectivity. The Neo Trinkey is perfect for simple projects that can use a few user inputs and colourful outputs. Maybe you'll set it up as a simple status notifier, or stretch-break timer, or a macro keypad, or a random colour generator, or you could still make it into an LED flashlight if you wanted!
- ATSAMD21E18 32-bit Cortex M0+ - 48 MHz 32 bit processor with 256KB Flash and 32 KB RAM
- Native USB supported by every OS - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, MIDI, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a little disk drive for storing Python scripts.
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
- Four RGB NeoPixel LEDs
- Two Capacitive Touchpads
- Reset switch for starting your project code over or entering bootloader mode
- Slim and cute, keychain-friendly!
- Product Dimensions: 31.7mm x 12.1mm x 3.8mm / 1.2" x 0.5" x 0.1"