NeoPixel 1/4 60 Ring - WS2812 5050 RGB LED w/ Integrated Drivers (ID: 1768)
£9.16 ex VAT
The biggest NeoPixel Ring yet! With four of these, you can make a huge ring with 60 ultra bright smart LED NeoPixels arranged in a circle with a 6.2" diameter.
The rings are 'chainable' - connect the output pin of one to the input pin of another. Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together! Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED. Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the colour will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim. Power the whole thing with 5VDC and you're ready to rock.
There is a single data line with a very timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microcontroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp. An 8MHz or faster processor is required.
- Each order comes as one quarter ring of 15 x individually addressable RGB LEDs assembled and tested.
- Four of these items are required to make a large ring.
- You will have to solder them together as well, so for the full ring of 60 LEDs, buy four and solder them together!
- Outer Diameter of Full Circle (four put together): 6.2"
- Inner Diameter of Full Circle (four put together) 5.625"
- Width of individual section: 6mm/0.2"
- Height: 2mm/0.1"
- Weight of individual section: 4.03g