QT Py ESP32-S2 WiFi Dev Board with STEMMA QT
£10.99 ex VAT
The ESP32-S2 is a highly-integrated, low-power, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC) solution that now has built-in native USB as well as some other interesting new technologies like Time of Flight distance measurements. With its state-of-the-art power and RF performance, this SoC is an ideal choice for a wide variety of application scenarios relating to the Internet of Things (IoT), wearable electronics, and smart homes.
OLEDs! Inertial Measurement Units! Sensors a-plenty. All plug-and-play thanks to the innovative chainable design: SparkFun Qwiic-compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder! Just plug in a compatible cable and attach it to your MCU of choice, and you’re ready to load up some software and measure some light. Seeed Grove I2C boards will also work with this adapter cable.
Pinout and shape are Seeed Xiao compatible, with castellated pads so you can solder it flat to a PCB. In addition to the QT connector, they have also added an RGB NeoPixel (with controllable power pin to allow for ultra-low-power usage), a reset button (great for restarting your program or entering the bootloader) and a button on GPIO 0 for entering the ROM bootloader or for user input
- The QT Py ESP32-S2 has a single-core 240 MHz chip, so it won't be as fast as ESP32's with dual-core.
- There is no Bluetooth support. However, the ESP32-S2's native USB which unlocks a lot of capabilities for advanced interfacing!
- This ESP32-S2 mini-module we are using on the QT Py comes with 4 MB flash and 2 MB PSRAM so you can buffer massive JSON files for parsing!
- Same size, form-factor, and pin-out as Seeed Xiao
- USB Type C connector
- ESP32-S2 240MHz Tensilica processor - the next generation of ESP32, now with native USB so it can act like a keyboard/mouse, MIDI device, disk drive, etc!
- 4 MB Flash & 2 MB PSRAM
- Native USB supported by every OS - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, MIDI, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a little disk drive for storing Python scripts.
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
- Built-in RGB NeoPixel LED with power control to reduce quiescent power in deep sleep
- Battery input pads on the underside with diode protection for external battery packs up to 6V input
- 13 GPIO pins:
- 11 on breakout pads, 2 more on QT connector
- 10 x 12-bit analogue inputs (SPI high-speed pads do not have analogue inputs)
- 8-bit analogue output DAC
- PWM outputs on any pin
- Two I2C ports, one on the breakout pads, and another with STEMMA QT plug-n-play connector
- Hardware UART
- Hardware SPI on the high-speed SPI peripheral pins
- Hardware I2S on any pins
- 5 x Capacitive Touch with no additional components required
- 3.3V regulator with 600mA peak output
- Light sleep at 2~4mA, deep sleep at ~70uA
- Reset switch for starting your project code over, a boot 0 button for entering bootloader mode
- Really really small (21.8mm x 17.9mm x 5.7mm / 0.9" x 0.7" x 0.2")
- Weight: 2.1g / 0.1oz