Qwiic Twist - RGB Rotary Encoder Breakout (DEV-15083)
£18.33 ex VAT
The SparkFun Qwiic Twist is a digital RGB rotary encoder breakout that is also able to connect to the Qwiic Connect System. The Twist takes care of all the various interrupts, switches, PWM'ing of LEDs, and presents all those features over an easy-to-use I2C interface. The Qwiic Twist was designed to get rid of the large mass of wires that are needed to implement an RGB encoder in a breadboard enabling you to stop messing around with interrupt debugging and get back to your project! Utilizing the handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, they have still broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
One rotation in the clockwise direction for the rotary encoder increases the overall count by 24 and -24 in the counter-clockwise direction. The number of ‘ticks’ or steps you have turned the knob are all transmitted over I2C. The red, green, and blue LEDs are all set via software commands and can be digitally mixed to achieve over 16 million colours!
Designed with an indent encoder gives the Qwiic Twist the user a great ‘clicky’ feel. Additionally, the encoder has a built in button so the user can select an GUI menu or element by pressing down on the it. The Qwiic Twist uses a 6mm shaft and works great with a Clear Plastic Knob or any other 6mm knob.
- Voltage: 3.3V
- Approximately 2.8mA LEDs off
- Approximately 40.6mA with LEDs on 100%
- 24 ticks per rotation
- Clockwise and counterclockwise direction is detected
- Software configurable I2C address - up to 111 devices on a single bus
- Built-in momentary button
- RGB LED controlled via PWM allowing for up to 16M colors
- Up to 400kHz I2C communication
- Jumpers for address selection, interrupt pull up disable, and I2C pull up disable
- I2C Address: 0x3F (Jumper Open, Default), 0x3E (Jumper Closed)
- 2x Qwiic Connectors