Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
£19.58 ex VAT
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ packs all of the processing and wireless power of the 3 B+ into a significantly smaller package. It's the same footprint as the popular Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ but this one has a powerful 64-bit 1.4GHz quad-core processor, 512MB of RAM, fast dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.2.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- Single USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Touch Display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- VideoCore IV multimedia/3D graphics core @ 400MHz/300MHz
With the ARMv8 processor it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10 IoT edition. You'll need the latest NOOBS image for the Wireless LAN and Bluetooth drivers to be installed.
The GPIO header remains the same as the previous A+ (and the Pi 3 B+ and Zero / Zero W), with 40 pins. Be aware that the new metal shielding on the wireless circuitry and the SoC may cause shorts against larger components on the underside of HATs, pHATs, and SHIMs.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ product brief
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ mechanical drawing
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ schematic diagrams
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and downloadglobal compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification. This allows the board to be designed into end product with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.