Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2 - 8MPProduct Code: 1932
£20.82 ex VAT
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 is a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor. It is a custom designed add-on board for Raspberry Pi, featuring a fixed focus lens. It's capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
It attaches to Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface and uses the dedicated CSI interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 23mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable.
The camera works with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2 and 3. It can be accessed through the MMAL and V4L APIs, and there are numerous third-party libraries built for it.
The Raspberry Pi camera module v2 replaced the original camera module in April 2016. The v2 camera has a Sony IMX219 8-megapixel sensor (compared to the 5-megapixel OmniVision OV5647 sensor of the original camera).The camera module can be used to take high-definition video, as well as stills photographs. It's easy to use for beginners, but has plenty to offer advanced users if you're looking to expand your knowledge. There are lots of examples online of people using it for time-lapse, slow-motion and other video cleverness. You can also use the libraries we bundle with the camera to create effects.
- 8 megapixel camera capable of taking photographs of 3280x2464 pixels
- Capture video at 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions
- All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
- Applications: CCTV security camera, motion detection, time lapse photography
- Silicon Manufacturer: Broadcom
- For Use With: Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi
- Interface: CSI
- Sensor: Sony IMX219
- Ribbon cable 15cm included