SparkFun BlackBoard (SPX-14669)
£18.33 ex VAT
The BlackBoard from SparkFun is everything you need in an Arduino Uno with many extra perks. BlackBoard has all of the hardware peripherals you know and love: 14 Digital I/O pins with 6 PWM pins, 4 Analog Inputs, UART, and SPI with a handful of external interrupt pins. BlackBoard even has an SMD ISP header to connect SPI pins to shields.
They‚Äôve applied every lesson learned about making a better Uno and created the BlackBoard. The USB to serial is now done with the ubiquitous CH340G requiring fewer driver installs and a rock solid microB connector with through hole anchoring. The power portion of the BlackBoard has been reworked: we upgraded the 3.3V regulator to provide up to 600mA, with full thermal and reverse circuit protection, and added extra decoupling capacitance to increase the sensitivity of the ADC readings. They‚Äôve decreased the brightness of the power LED, pin 13 LED, and the TX/RX LEDs from blinding to just perfect. Also added are 3.3V voltage translation and a Qwiic connector to the edge of the board to allow for quick and seamless connection to the ever-growing line of I2C¬†based Qwiic products.
And for more advanced users ther is an I/O jumper. Cut the trace to 5V and solder a jumper to the 3.3V side and the board will run at 3.3V. This is extremely handy if you have a shield or 3.3V sensitive devices, such as an SPI interface, that needs protecting.
The SparkFun BlackBoard comes fully tested with the Optiboot bootloader and can be easily programmed with the ‚ÄòArduino/Genuino Uno‚Äô option from within Arduino. You can power the BlackBoard over USB or through the barrel jack. The on-board power regulator can handle anything from 7 to 15VDC.¬†
- ATmega328P microcontroller with Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader
- CH340G USB to Serial IC
- Reinforced microB connector
- Built-in Qwiic connection
- Input voltage: 7-15V
- 0-5V outputs with 3.3V compatible inputs
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
- 6 Analog Inputs
- ISP Header
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- Flat bottom, all SMD construction
- Eagle Files
- Drivers: The CH340G uses CDC drivers built in to most modern OS including Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux Mint, OSX Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra which means you shouldn‚Äôt need to install any extra software. However, there are a wide range of operating systems out there, so, if you run into driver problems, you can get drivers here.
- Arduino IDE Download
- Please visit the BlackBoard repo for the latest design files