Stereo 20W Class D Audio Amplifier - MAX9744 (ID: 1752)Product Code: 1816
£16.55 ex VAT
This 20W stereo amplifier is a slim board has a class D amplifier onboard that can drive 2 channels of 4-8 ohm impedance speakers at 20W each. Power it with 5-12VDC using the onboard DC power jack and plug stereo line level into the 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and jam out with ease. Since it's class D, its completely cool-running, no heat sinks are required and it's extremely efficient - up to 93% efficiency makes it great for portable or battery powered rigs.
The MAX9744 amplifier is very easy to use and has both analog and digital volume control capability. Use a single 1KΩ pot (included) to adjust volume analog-style or hook it up to a microcontroller and send I2C commands to set 64-steps of volume amplification.
The MAX9744 has been mounted into a breakout, with polarity-protection, jacks and terminal blocks, i2c level shifting, and a spot to solder in a volume potentiometer. Each order comes with one MAX9744 breakout board with all surface-mount parts fully assembled and tested, 3 x 2pin and 1 x 3pin terminal blocks, a 470uF power filter capacitor and 1KΩ trim potentiometer.
Note: To use this board, a little soldering is required to attach the terminal blocks and other components, but its fairly easy and expect it should take less than 15 minutes.
- Power from 4.5V-14V DC voltage
- Up to 93% efficient (88-93% typical)
- 20mA quiescent current (or put into shutdown for 1uA quiescent)
- Up to 29.5dB max gain
- Use DC or AC coupled line-level input, up to 3Vpp
- Filterless Spread-Spectrum Modulation Lowers
- Radiated RF Emissions from Speaker Cables
- 20W Stereo Output (4Ω, VDD = 12V, THD+N = 10%)
- Low 0.04% THD+N
- Integrated Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Short-Circuit and Thermal-Overload Protection
- Dimensions (without 0.1" header or terminal blocks): 54mm x 41mm 2mm / 2.1" x 1.6" x .08"
- Weight: 11g