SwitchBlox - A Tiny 5 port Ethernet Switch Designed for Robotics
£62.00 ex VAT
The Small, Open Source Ethernet Switch
SwitchBlox is a small ethernet switch with five 10/100MB ports, specifically designed for space-constrained and noisy environments.
With an overall size of 44.5mm (1.75 inches) by 44.5mm (1.75 inches), SwitchBlox is the smallest network switch in the world, making it perfect for robots, drones, or any space-limited networking application.
Plug and play network switch
As an un-managed network switch, it works straight out the box, all you need to do is:
- Apply a 5 to 60V DC supply.
- Connect your devices using the included cable set.
- It will automatically begin forwarding packets, no coding or setup needed.
They’ve squeezed all necessary Ethernet circuitry into SwitchBlox without making performance compromises. They use magnetics for improved signal integrity and electrical isolation between each Ethernet bus.
Below is a handy graphic that shows how it transitions from a Molex Picoblade pinout to the standard RJ-45 ethernet cables. For 10/100 Mbps ethernet using two differential channels, transmit and receive, for a total of four conductors.
Switch Management Features (VLAN, Port Mirroring)
Management features such as VLAN (Port and tag-based) and Port Mirroring is possible on SwitchBlox by using our open-source firmware and software package. To configure this, read our software guide.
Passive PoE injection onboard
We’ve added circuitry to SwitchBlox that allows you to inject voltage onto any combination of the ports, simply by toggling a DIP switch on the back.
Enabling this feature requires a 0-ohm resistor to be soldered to the board, more information can be found in the datasheet.
Please Note: Management or PoE features are no longer available on SwitchBlox. These features are now available on SwitchBlox Industrial
- Small Ethernet Switch for demanding applications.
- Wide, protected input voltage range from 5 to 51V.
- 5V, 2A output onboard.
- 5 port Ethernet network switch works out the box.
- 10/100MB Speed.
- Auto MDI-X crossover.
- All cables included.
- ATtiny202 embedded onboard for custom firmware upload (currently a BETA feature).
- PoE injector onboard (IEEE 802.3af compatible for PoE devices).