£47.91 ex VAT
Ethernet in an Inch.
SwitchBlox Nano is the smallest ethernet switch BotBlox have ever made, squeezing three robust 10/100MB ethernet ports into the size of a quarter coin. With an overall size of 22.5mm (1 inch) by 22.5mm (1 inch), SwitchBlox Nano is designed for truly space constrained applications that need compact, robust ethernet connectivity. SwitchBlox Nano (much like its bigger brother, SwitchBlox) runs from a wide input voltage of 5 to 50V, and even outputs an auxiliary 5V, 1A output. This feature set makes SwitchBlox Nano ideal for tiny robots and drones where internal volumes are highly limited.
Plug and Play Network Switch
As an unmanaged network switch it works straight out the box, all you need to do is:
- Apply a 5 to 51V DC supply.
- Connect your devices using the included cable set.
- It will automatically begin forwarding packets, no coding or setup needed.
It wasn’t easy, but they’ve squeezed three ethernet port into a 1×1 inch square without making performance compromises. Our boards are fully tested to perform data rates of 100MB/s.
They use Molex Picoblade connectors on all our boards to keep them tiny, and we include all the cables needed to get started, which are:
3 x SwitchBlox RJ-45 Network Cables (Molex male to RJ-45)
Use this cable to connect any external ethernet device with a RJ-45 port.
2 x SwitchBlox Power Cables (Molex male to tinned wires)
Use this cable to connect a 5 – 51V DC power supply to power SwitchBlox. Also use this cable to get a clean 5V, 1A supply from SwitchBlox to power external devices like Embedded Computers, Motor drivers or IP Cameras.
Below is a handy graphic that shows how we transition from a Molex Picoblade pinout to the standard RJ-45 ethernet cables. For 10/100 Mbps ethernet we use two differential channels, transmit and receive, for a total of four conductors.
- Three 10/100MB ethernet ports in a 1 inch (25.5mm) square!
- Wide, protected input voltage range from 5 to 50V.
- 5V, 1A auxiliary output onboard.
- 5 port ethernet network switch works out the box.
- 10/100MB Speed.
- Auto MDI-X crossover.
- All cables included.
- 135 x 90 x 65mm
What's in the Box
- 1 Inch SwitchBlox Nano Ethernet Switch
- 3x SwitchBlox RJ-45 Network Cables (Molex male to RJ-45)
- 2x SwitchBlox Power Cables (Molex male to tinned wires)