Tipper Trailer Add-On For The :MOVE MINI
£10.82 ex VAT
With this, the latest version of our Tipper Truck add-on for :MOVE mini MK2 for the BBC microbit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini.
Although this add on has been designed to work with :MOVE mini MK2 it can also be fitted to the original :MOVE mini. We have produced two sets of build instructions as there is a slightly different procedure for each. The MK1 and MK2 build instructions can both be found in the resources section below.
Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via bluetooth, controlled it with a second microbit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally carry and dump stuff too!
This self assembly Tipper Truck add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the Tipper Truck trailer up and down.
There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo. Once the kit is fully assembled, the Tipper Truck can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- 1 x Set of Tipper Truck parts.
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Servo.
- 8 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw.
- 5 x M2 16mm Pan head steel screw.
- 8 x M2 Hex Full width nut.
- 2 x 6mm Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 2 x 10mm Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 2 x M3 Washers.
- Length: 100mm.
- Width: 65mm.
- Height: 61mm.
- Tipper Build Instructions for MK1 :MOVE mini.
- Tipper Build Instructions for MK2 :MOVE mini.
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet.
- Example code and usage instructions.
- Guide For Kitronik Custom MakeCode Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.