TLV62569 3.3V Buck Converter Breakout - 3.3V Output 1.2A Max
£4.16 ex VAT
This little buck converter based on the TLV62569 3.3V is super handy, taking up to 5.5V input and providing a 3.3V output with up to 1.2A continuous current. It's great for supplying power to popular 3.3V voltage circuits from a range of battery or power options. This chip provides up to 1.2 Amp load current continuously across the entire input voltage range of 3.4 to 5.5V. It's not a huge range but does cover LiPoly batteries, 3 alkalines, and USB power.
Great for your portable project, they made this "pin compatible" with the LM1117-3.3V TO-220 chip so you can swap it in for better performance (90-95% efficiency!) There's also an ENable pin, tie it low to shut down the output completely.
The Adafruit TLV62569 3.3V Breakout runs at 1.5-MHz fixed-frequency. Even though the chip itself supports up to 2A, the inductor we used is small and so the breakout can only provide about 1.2 Amps continuously (you can get up to 2A for short spikes)
Comes with a fully assembled and tested breakout board with included header to plug it into a breadboard.
- This breakout used to come with AP3429A which is slightly less capable than the TLV, due to parts shortages we've revised this product!
- As of June 22, 2022 - this buck converter now has a TLV62569 3.3V chip, and the PCB now comes in Blinka-purple with a 2oz copper layer on top and bottom for better current carrying capabilities!
- Output Current: Up to 1.2A continuous
- 35uA Quiescent current
- Shutdown Current: <2μA
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- 1.5MHz Switching Frequency
- Internal Soft Start
- Thermal Shutdown
- Product Dimensions: 15.2mm x 10.0mm x 2.9mm / 0.6" x 0.4" x 0.1"