Voice Bonnet for Raspberry Pi -Two Speakers + Two Mics
£17.54 ex VAT
Your Raspberry Pi computer is like an electronic brain - and with the Adafruit Voice Bonnet you can give it a mouth and ears as well! Featuring two microphones and two 1 Watt speaker outputs using a high quality I2S codec, this Pi add-on will work with any Raspberry Pi with a 2x20 connector - from the Pi Zero up to the Pi 4 and beyond (basically all but the very first ones made).
The on-board WM8960 codec uses I2S digital audio for great quality recording and playback - so it sounds a lot better than the headphone jack on the Pi (or the no-headphone jack on a Pi Zero). Adafruit put ferrite beads and filter capacitors on every input and output to get the best possible performance, and all at a great price.
They specifically designed this bonnet for use with making machine learning projects such as DIY voice assistants or voice recognition projects, with two microphones, basic voice position can be detected as well.
No assembly required! Simply pop it onto your Pi and install the microphone/speaker card using the installer script. Your Pi will then have stereo input and output for use in any software - they appear as any other speaker/mic would. Play music or record audio with ease. For audio input, the two microphones are built into the Bonnet. For audio output, you can either use the Line-out/Headphone 3.5mm stereo jack or you can plug in one or two of our enclosed speakers. For DIY speakers, solder any 1W+ speaker to one of these JST 2-PH cables. If you'd like to stack another HAT or bonnet on top, use a 2x20 stacking header to feed through the 2x20 connector.
- WM8960 codec uses I2S digital audio for both input and output
- On/Off privacy switch to deactivate audio
- Two analog microphone inputs (left and right)
- Two 1W speaker outputs
- 3.5mm stereo headphone or line-out audio
- Plugs into any Raspberry Pi with 2x20 headers
- Push button - Use to change modes, activate the voice assistant, anything you like!
- Three DotStar RGB LEDs - add LED feedback or make a rainbow light show
- STEMMA QT connector - plug in any of our I2C sensors, OLEDs, or accessories.
- 3 Pin JST STEMMA connector - for larger accessories