BBC micro:bit V2
£11.25 ex VAT
The BBC Micro:Bit V2 is a brand new powerful updated version of everyones favourite pocket-sized computer! Jam packed with new features and functions including a microphone, speaker and better processor allowing you to achieve much more than the previous micro:bit allowed. You can code, customize and control your micro:bit from anywhere. You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more, and at half the size of a credit card, you will be surprised at the amount of hardware each new board is equipped with
One of the most notable features that has been changed with the new V2 is the look of the edge connector. Now featuring notches, it is easier than ever to connect crocodile clips or conductive thread to the edge connector. Other great new features include:
- Touch Sensor - The front logo has been replaced with a capacitive touch sensor which works in a similar way to a mobile phone.
- Power Saving Mode - The button on the back not only resets the micro:bit when pressed, but now turns it off if held down.
- More Computing Power - With the new Nordic nRF52833 combined with 8x the RAM and 2x Flash memory allows you to do even more with bigger, better more complex projects!
It is also backwards compatible with most existing hardware and is coded in the exact same way meaning that you can pick up right where you left off in your lessons or learning at home!
- The BBC micro:bit requires a USB cable for programming purposes, and a battery holder & 2x AAA batteries to power the micro:bit if not connected to your computer
- Comes with a random colour
- 64 MHz Arm Cortex-M4 with FPU
- 512KB Flash
- 128KB RAM
- 5x5 Red LED Array
- Two Programmable Buttons, one touch-sensitive logo
- MEMS microphone and LED indicator
- Onboard Light, Compass, Accelerometer, Temp Sensors and Speaker
- 2.4 Ghz Micro:bit Radio/BLE 5.0 Smart Antenna
- 25-pin Edge Connector
- 4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, and ext. power
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Rings
- Two Power Rings --- 3V and GND
- Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- MicroUSB Connector (5V)
- JST-PH Battery Connector (Not JST-XH) (3V)
- Power/reset Button with Status LED
- 200 mA available for accessories
- Program with C++, MakeCode, Python, Scratch